“Chocolate tart with Russian-style Baikal tea”
“The Tea Box” by Gilles Brochard
7 ounces fine-quality semisweet chocolate, melted
2/3 cup heavy cream
2 cups low-fat milk
1-1/2 teaspoon Russian-style Baikal tea
9-inch baked pie shell
* Preheat oven to 300 d. Fahrenheit. Combine the cream and milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
* Bring 3/4 cup water almost to a boil. Add the tea and steep 6 minutes to get a strong infusion.
* Add the tea infusion to the milk and cream. Then add the melted chocolate and whisk until smooth.
* Pour into pie shell and bake 20 minutes.
* Let the tart cool 30 minutes. If the filling is runny, refrigerate the tart for 20 minutes. Before serving, garnish top with crushed pistachios.