“Lavender Soap Marbles”
“The Illustrated Herbal Encyclopedia” by Brenda Little
“Small balls of sweet-scented soap for travelling and for guest are easily made”.
A bar of unscented good quality soft white soap
Some lavender water
A touch of essential oil of lavender
* Grate the soap finely. Heat 2-1/2 tbs. (37 ml) lavender water and pour over the soap. Leave for a while to let soap begin to dissolve. Stir well.
* Add 2 -3 drops essential oil of lavender. and put in the blender.
* Blend until smooth. Pour into a basin and leave until you can see the soap is beginning to dry.
* Take out a small quantity and roll it into a ball between the palms. Continue doing this until all the soap is used. You will know best the size of the marble or ball that will be most useful. Leave balls in a warm or sunny spot to dry.
* When the balls are almost dry, pour some lavender water containing the merest soupcon of essential oil of lavender on to the palms of the hands and roll the balls between them to give a final polish and scent.