If you have ever had a “blind date” here is a cookie recipe just for that occasion or to just try a new cookie recipe…..this is just one of the cookie recipes that will be offered from a original cookie base recipe… the “Cookie Starter”…. enjoy with a cup of green tea.
Recipe by – “Farm Journals Country Cookbook”
1 (3 oz.) cream cheese (room temperature)
1 cup Cookie Starter
½ tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. confectioners sugar
24 pitted dates
Sifted confectioners sugar
– Combine first 4 ingredients. Form into four balls. Chill dough 2 hours.
– Work with one ball at a time, and roll 1/8” thick on board dusted with confectioners sugar. Cut in rounds with 2-1/2” cutter.
– Place date in center of each round. (Date may be stuffed with nut, or use ½ date and 1 nut). Fold edges over and pinch ends to points.
– Place 1” apart on lightly greased baking sheet, seam side down. Bake in moderate oven (350 degrees Fahrenheit) 10 to 12 minutes.
– Sprinkle with confectioners sugar. Remove cookies and cool on racks. Makes 2 dozen