“Veal chops with green tea”
Recipe by – “Emmanuel Laporte, Les Feuilles Libres”
“The book of Green Tea” Christine Dattner, Sophie Boussahba”
4 veal chops
3 teaspoons Sencha green tea
2 cups small white onions
2 heads of garlic, unpeeled
2 large pieces of salted butter
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper
– Peel the onion and carrots. Cut the carrots into slices.
– In a cast-iron pan, sauté the heads of garlic, the onions, and the carrot slices in the salted butter. Add the sugar and let the mixture brown over low heat for 15 minutes.
– Brush the veal chops with the olive oil. Season them with salt and pepper and sauté them, for 5 minutes in a skillet.
– Steep the green tea for 3 minutes in 2 cups simmering water. Strain.
– Arrange the veal chops over the vegetables. Add the infuse tea and cook for 20 minutes over low heat.
– Serve the veal chops from the pan.