“Blackberry Iced Tea”
Victoria – “The Pleasures of Tea by Kim Waller & Nancy Lindemeyer
1/2 to 1 ounce pesticide-free marigold flowers
4 cups hot black tea, such as orange pekoe or Darjeeling
1 cup blackberries
Honey, to taste
1. Remove the petals from the flowers.
2. Place 3 to 4 petals in each compartment of an ice-cube tray. Fill the compartments halfway with water and freeze for at least 2 hours. Fill each compartment to the top with water and freeze until solid.
3. In a medium-size bowl, combine the hot tea with the blackberries. Set aside to steep for 1 hour.
4. With the back of a wooden spoon, crush the berries against the side of the bowl. Pour the mixture through a fine-meshed sieve into a pitcher, pressing on the solids with the back of the spoon to extract all the liquid; discard the solids. Add honey to taste and chill for a least 2 hours.
5. Serve in a tall glasses with the marigold ice cubes.
Makes abut 4 servings.
***Inspired music by “Oleta Adams” – “We Can’t Stay Here” (“Let’s Stay Here – Album)