Tea Blog for March Newsletter 2014
(part 1 of 3)
Lots of work to do for the months to come, tons of new products will be uploaded, special offers, recipes and more.
Some of the new products are up on our website – www.teas-online.com :
New choices for tea bags, if you prefer to have tea bags – teas – Monk’s Blend, Peach Apricot, Earl Grey, Strawberry, Real Maple and these are boxed at 30 CT., for $8.00 ea. Find these new teas in Teas area on site, under Boxed or Bulk teas – Boxed and Tins.
Sign-up online and receive 10 % off monthly.
Introducing our newest addition of company is:
Our Botanical Bath Company – Butterfly Botanical Baths is being produced and slowly making it’s way into Lavendar Cove’s website and follow the line above to the new company. What we cannot produce ourselves will have private labelled products from other companies.
We are working on our sample lines to get into Spa’s, Resorts and small gift shops. Incorporating both companies with small sample products. Many of our teas will be available to you in small sample sizes, allowing for you to try the tea before you buy a larger quantity. Enjoy the recipes for this issue. Management at Lavendar Cove
First chance to taste this wonderful dish was over 25 years ago, a friend that was born in Paris, France but was living here in the city with her family. Her mom had made the families favorite dish, “Coq Au Vin”, it was delicious, hand-made chicken dish when it was served and it was paired with a nice Red wine.
“Coq Au Vin” – from “Today’s Bride”
2 tbsp. Extra-virgin olive oil
2 cups chopped bacon
1 medium onion, chopped
2 chickens of 4-1/2 pounds each cut into 8 pieces
5 tbsp. Brandy
Sprigs – fresh thyme, rosemary and parsley
2 bay leaves
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp. Tomato puree
1 tbsp. Lemon juice
1 tbsp. Sugar
1 small bottle full-bodied dry red wine
2 tbsp. Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley to garnish
For the glazed shallot and mushrooms
1 tbsp. Butter
2 tbsp. Olive oil
12 oz. Button mushrooms, cleaned
For the ‘beurre manie’
2 tbsp. Butter, softened
2 tbsp. Plain flour
1. Heat the oil in the oven over medium heat on the stovetop. Add the bacon and onion and cook, stirring until both are softened, and then remove, draining well.
2. Fry the chicken in batches until all the pieces are evenly browned, then return them to the dish with the bacon and onion. Remove the oven from the heat and add the brandy. Carefully ignite, standing well back, until the flames subside. Then return the pan to the heat.
3. Preheat the oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit Tie the herbs into a bundle and add to the oven with garlic, tomato puree, lemon juice, sugar and red wine. Cover and cook in the oven for 2 to 2-1/2 hours, until the chicken is tender.
4. About 30 minutes before the chicken is finished cooking, melt the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and fry for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown and soft. Transfer to a plate. Add the mushrooms to the pan and toss they are just cooked.
5. Blend the butter and flour together in a small bowl. Remove a few pieces of the cooked chicken to make room to stir in the ‘beurre manie’. Add this in small amounts, stirring, so the sauce remains smooth.
6. When the ‘beurre manie’ has been incorporated, return the chicken together with the shallots and mushrooms. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle the top generously with the parsley and serve from the oven.
Great teas to remind you of the Mediterranean ………….
Last Mango In Paris ID# 30066 A vivacious blend of fruits in this delightful blend. The tropical dried version of Mango’s, rose hip’s and Hibiscus petals with naturally dried orange and tart elderberries along with natural flavors. Type: Bag Size: 50 g. Price: $8.00 (reg. Price)
All teas are available online @ www.teas-online.com or www.lavendarcove.com
Tuscany Pear Rooibos ID# 9902 Apple and pear pieces, Rooibos and natural flavors. A sot after delicacy for chefs in Italy, is pears. This delicious blend of Rooibos, dried apple and dried pear is a sweet delight for your taste buds. Great Iced. Type: Bag Size: 100 g. (Loose Tea) Price: $12.00 (reg.price)
Earl Grey ID# 9805 A blend of Sri Lankan teas with floral notes from the tea gardens of Dimbula, Uva and Nuwara Eliya and the bold scent of bergamot, a citrus fruit grown far away in the Mediterranean. Type: Pouch Size: 100 g. Price: $7.95 (reg. Price)